1. More than any other jewelry box material, wooden jewelry boxes are the classic choice as gifts for anniversaries, birthdays, Valentine's Day, and other special occasions. A traditional wooden jewelry box made from lustrous hardwood is a gift meant to last.
2. The natural warmth of cherry hardwood gives cherry jewelry boxes a beauty that virtually glows. A cherry jewelry box is distinguished by its rich, reddish-brown coloring and subdued, satiny grain. It's a cheerful, heart-warming wood, suitable for traditional and modern interiors.
3. There's nothing syrupy about the gift of a maple jewelry box. Maple wood's hardness and durability has made it a furniture-making favorite for centuries, and maple jewelry boxes are long-lasting. The light coloring of maple is complemented by a playful, curling grain.
4. Oak jewelry boxes epitomize quality, strength, and enduring craftsmanship. But an oak jewelry box doesn't only symbolize a love that endures. Oak is an open-pored, straight-grained wood, making this gift a symbol of sincere and open-hearted affection.
5. Is it just a coincidence that “pining” means a feeling of deep longing? Maybe, but pine jewelry boxes are a nonetheless charming way to articulate one's love or longing. A pine jewelry box is a gift of casual, down-to-earth elegance.
6. Women's wooden jewelry boxes are our specialty at JewelryBoxes.com, with over 150 different boxes in contemporary and traditional styles. That selection also includes women's wooden jewelry armoires in mirror and wall-mount styles, wooden jewelry cabinets and chests, and more.
7. Some men's wooden jewelry boxes are known as valet boxes, and are useful for far more than just jewelry. As a dresser-top accessory, a men's wooden valet box can hold cufflinks, rings, pins, tie clips, watches—even coins and cell phones.
8. Girls wooden jewelry boxes are often more colorful than the usual armoire or chest. Pink girls wood jewelry boxes are perennial favorites as birthday or holiday gifts, with charming jewelry box themes such as ballerinas or hearts and flowers.
9. When it comes to gift giving, love needs to be practical as well as romantic. Choose a wooden jewelry box size that's more than capable of housing the recipient's current jewelry collection. It's a gift that's mean to last a lifetime.
10. Another practical point to remember when shopping for wooden jewelry boxes: features. The outside may be beautiful, but the interior should be well organized and spacious. If the recipient has a favorite jewelry type, look for interior features that match.